Morrisons Horsforth

Talk about anything Horsforth related here

Morrisons Horsforth

Postby amelia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:52 pm

This has got to be without doubt the worst shop in England.
The staff never fail to amaze me they are so rude i wouldnt employ them to sweep the streets.
They argue amongst themselves in front of customers,shut tills down at the busiest periods,and generally have zero manners.
I also blame the greedy bosses at morrisons for keeping this store open during redevelopment it simply has not worked.
I despise this store with a passion surely once this store is finished they will lose the dross they currently employ here
amelia

Re: Morrisons Horsforth

Postby stanhope » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:21 pm

I have to agree with you there. I very rarely go to town street Morrisons, but i had to last week and the fact that i was spending vast quantaties of money £200+ didn't prevent the cashier from throwing my shopping at me after she had scanned it, she was so rude and ignorant i really wanted to just leave it there and walk away, but as i had spent 2 hours doing my shopping i couldn't bare to! I knew there was a reason i avoided the place. No other Morrisons have staff as bad as that I'm sure.
stanhope

Postby amelia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Thank you for that it proves its not just me .I tried to email Morrisons tonight but they do not have an address by email.
It makes my blood boil just writing this.The staff are pig ignorant,if that was my mum being like some of that scum i would be ashamed
amelia

Postby ajs » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 am

the staff and ultimatly the management are responible for peoples perceptions. I am sure everyone would agree that it is a much needed refurb but you cannot refurb staff! They are rude, arrogant, aggressive and dismissive. I had a double pram and could only fit (physically) through the cash only till. I have to admit that I always paid by card to purely marvel at the rudeness of the assisstant on the cash only till. Even when I suggested I couldnt fit due to the pram and 2 kids, she even tried to send me out and refused to serve me! Sheer rudeness and poor service. It doesnt stop there- the staff around the store barge you out of the way, dont speak and argue!
ajs

Postby Sylviaa » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:30 pm

I do agree about most of the staff. I did once apologise for interrupting a conversation between two cashiers and I have been pushed out of the way by someone filling the meat section. They also stand in the narrow corridors stopping people from passing. Some of the staff are OK and they do seem to say "Good morning" when you get to the tills. I think this must be new management policy. When the alterations started some of us were squashed up trying to queue at the few open tills and shouted at the three management staff standing there to open another till. They did eventually open one but why were there three standing there. Surely one of them could have opened a till.

I would point out to you ajs that there are two tills at the end of each section that are very wide open and you could have stood at one of them with your double pram.

I also felt very sorry for the cashier who was on the till by the new doors at the back. It was a very cold windy day and the poor girl must have been frozen. This was particularly annoying for her as three tills next to her were closed. This was before they put the roof on the slippery slope outside.

I do not know why anyone would go there with a car. I, and my neighbours, are frightened to go through the car park and up the slope. We walk all the way round Town Street and back again. I complained at the beginning of alterations about them not haveing trollys at the Town Street door and was told they were at the back in the usual place but at that time it was a long walk through the store. They now have Trollies at the front.

Another thing for peole where I live is the fact that our electric gets cut off regularly because workmen have cut through the cables.

Lets hope that the revamp is completed soon. It says spring on the notice but that starts on Saturday. I have been thinking of June. Lets hope so but unless they have a pedestrian walking area I will still have to go round or through the pathway they seem to be creating.
Sylviaa

Postby Keely Bannister » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I find this thread highly amusing because I actually came on here to start one exactly like this!

Went in yesterday at about 4pm to get some bits and bats. The larger, secondary set of tills were all jam packed so I walked round to the smaller set of tills at the front of the store. There were 3 tills in operation. Joined one queue to be told that the boy was closing down after he had served the woman in front of me so I joined another one. Joined another with no problem but after a woman had started queueing behind me the woman on this checkout also started telling people that she was closing. People were obviously irrate as two tills were closing at once and the others were all busy and voiced their annoyance. Why was this allowed to happen? Who planned this and put these two people on the same section together knowing they would be closing down at the same time and there would only be one till left in operation?

Went back in at about 6:30pm for some bread rolls and a bottle of Dr Pepper. I had a bag with me, only had two items and again all the tills were busy so I walked round to the kiosk. The girl served me but said that next time she wouldn't be able to because they weren't allowed to process food items at that till. If they had a reasonable amount of tills in operation then that would be fine but why should I queue for 5+ mins when it will take the kiosk staff about 30 seconds to serve me?

I have heard staff on the shop floor swearing, been bustled out of the way by staff, had rude check out operators and, my personal favourite, bought enough out of date food to poisen a small country!!! The list of complaints is endless. Personally I think it is time for a change. Dougie Knox I think the stores manager is, well Mr Knox you clearly aren't upto the job of being manager and should step down. You have failed to get a grip on the store for too long in my humble opinion.
Keely Bannister

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 pm

I once purchased a pack of Pork Chops which had maggots in when I unpacked it from the store..
Bob

Postby aidlesultan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 am

It seems you've all been getting preferential treatment at Morrisons, I'm envious......my experiences in there are never this good.
aidlesultan

Postby billyboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Glad you started this thread Amelia.

I, too, detest Morrisons. I was in there a couple of weeks ago with the missus and needed the loo. I asked one of the woment there who looked as if she was in charge, well she was acting billy big time with some of the cashiers, where the toilet was. Without looking at me and without batting an eye lid she responded to my question with "We haven't got none, you'll have to use the Bookies next door"!!!. She then flounced off into the deeper parts of the store.

Unbelievable! I've made a vow to myself now and I intend to keep it, that is that Morrisons will never get another penny off me - if I can't find it elsewhere then I'll do without.

Billy
billyboy

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 pm

I must admit to doing most of my food shopping there due to convenience of location, even though the car park shreds my nerves and tries my patience on every visit!

The most annoying thing I've found is the lack of shelf monitoring in terms of the special offers they have. If a special offer item sells out, the sign advertising it isn't removed. Instead, the assistants put something very similar in its place on the shelf, thus luring the poor bargain-hunting shopper into picking up all sorts of items that aren't included in the special offer when it comes to the checkout. Sometimes the difference in item is so slight (same brand, same size, but different flavour) that the small print on the offer sign has to be scrutinized first to see if it qualifies. I then find myself trying to pile up all my items onto the teeny-weeny conveyor belt whilst monitoring the prices as they go through the till to check they're correct as well as packing it all at the other end!
Louise

Postby liz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:19 am

You all need to write to the manangement , I am sure that if a few people complain then something might be done about it, good luck hope it improves when all work finished.
liz

Postby Sylviaa » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Have you got the letter from Leeds City Council that says the work is being carried out on the signalised pedestrian crossing and footway reconstruction on Church Road and Town Street. Starts on Monday 23rd March or thereabouts and will last for approximately 10 weeks.

I don't know how many people will get this letter. It was hand delivered today and addressed to The Occupier.

This will mean fun for people trying to drive down Church Road and trying to park at Morries. 10 weeks seems a long time.

Wonder if they will leave the crossing at the top of the road
Sylviaa

Postby ajs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:34 am

amelia wrote:This has got to be without doubt the worst shop in England.
The staff never fail to amaze me they are so rude i wouldnt employ them to sweep the streets.
They argue amongst themselves in front of customers,shut tills down at the busiest periods,and generally have zero manners.
I also blame the greedy bosses at morrisons for keeping this store open during redevelopment it simply has not worked.
I despise this store with a passion surely once this store is finished they will lose the dross they currently employ here

First sentance is correct!
ajs

Postby Deanmoriarty » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Whatever happened to that "continental" patisserie cafe jamon? Did their stale croissants not take off.
Will the new morrisons have a caff in like kirkstall?
Deanmoriarty

Postby DaleNatt » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm

I was in there a few weeks back and 2 lads were taking yogurts off and putting them into a trolley, one of thought it was funny to send the trolley wheeling down the aisle to another colleague, just as I was coming round the corner. The trolley hit into me, and I complained to the asst manager- got a £20 voucher out of it!
DaleNatt

Postby victoriawilliams » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi,

My name is Victoria Williams and I work for a newspaper called North Leeds News, based at Trinity and All Saints College.

I would be interested in writing a story about the staff in Morrisons. Would anyone be willing to talk to me about this, or any other Horsfoth issues they feel strongly about?

Thanks
Victoria
victoriawilliams

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Latest "I can't believe it" moment from good old Horsforth Morrisons.

I was trying to pay for the weekly shop on Friday afternoon but my Maestro card kept being rejected. Knowing that their card readers can be temperamental, I waited while the sullen assistant put it through several times, and eventually asked me if I had another card to pay with. By this time the queue at my checkout had grown with everyone looking to see what the hold-up was. When I said there was nothing wrong with my card and could she swipe it instead, the assistant wouldn't let me do this and rang for the till supervisor who then informed her that the Maestro system for HSBS and First Direct was down at that time - hence the problems. The only alternative was to leave the shopping and go to the cashpoint and come back with the cash.

Now I duly did this but, as I pointed out to them, why didn't the till supervisor - who already knew there was a problem affecting payments - tell all her till operators?? Or was it preferable to have their customers looking foolish to all onlookers until the problem was finally revealed?

I may write to Dougie Notman concerning this - it's not exactly great customer service or staff briefing.
Louise

Postby barryconlon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Not being funny but dont waste the ink and paper writing to druggy noteman,i have wrote to head office listing all the complaints i had about the store and it took them 2 weeks to acknowledge my letter and reply with some total waffle and no apology or explanation.I just wish one of the sub human scum that worked there would come on here and explain themselves,mind you they are probably unable to even write there name never mind use a computer.
This store,its management,and its staff are a total disgrace,there is no need for bad manners if one of those women was my mother or grandmother i would be ashamed.Sub Human Scum.
barryconlon

HQ

Postby ajs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:46 am

The only store where customer service is good in the area is at thornberry........do you think that this is due to the HQ being just up the road at Gain Lain? Maybe if visiting execs got taken to Hforth then it a. may have been refurbed sooner and b. may not continue as badly. Given the folllowing from the website:

Around 9 million customers shop with Morrisons each week and it is our mission to ensure every single one of them receives unbeatable customer service, as well as the very best value for money on their weekly shopping, wherever they live.

If you have an enquiry please contact:

Customer Service Department
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
Hilmore House
Gain Lane
Bradford
BD3 7DL

Or telephone 0845 611 6111

I suggest we all phone in and refer them to this forum! As soon as they open at 9 its my turn!
ajs

Postby Louise » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Here we go again...........

Just been to Morrisons on my lunch break for a couple of items and had my card refused, even though I'd used it 5 minutes earlier elsewhere on Town Street. To be fair, the chap on the till was very apologetic about it, saying that the card reader plays up quite a lot. After regaling him (briefly!) with my tale from Friday's shopping trip, he also added that the store is very lax in its operation and he actually said "See you again - if you ever come back". Think that says it all.

Sad thing is, I will be back.
Louise

Next

Return to Horsforth Discussions